What to Expect at Spectrum of the Seas | Royal Caribbean
Get ready to discover a world of endless possibilities and excitement aboard the magnificent Spectrum of the Seas! With so much to see and do, it can be hard to know where to start.
But fear not, here’s the ultimate guide for what to expect during your stay on board!
Based on 5D4N Singapore – Malaysia (Penang) – Thailand (Phuket) itinerary.
Once you’ve confirmed your booking, you can gain access to the Pre-Cruise Planner by logging into your Royal Caribbean account in the Royal Caribbean International (RCI) app. The in-app planner allows you to purchase dining packages, Wi-Fi, refreshment packages, and many more.
Approximately 45 days before your sailing date, you will be able to choose your arrival time and fill up your travel information, make sure you checked in and completed all the necessary steps in the RCI app and don’t forget to screenshot your SetSail Pass. It’s always a good idea to be prepared since you might not have internet access to view it later on.
Another important thing to remember is to create your SG Arrival card on the MyICA Mobile App or website within 3 days before arriving in Singapore. This will make the arrival process much smoother and quicker for you.
If you arrive on time for your selected arrival time, you can head straight into the terminal. While for those that arrived earlier than their selected arrival time, you would have to queue and wait for your arrival time. Be sure to Prepare your passports, and your SetSail pass for a smooth boarding experience.
Once you’re on board, you’ll be asked to gather at your muster stations to verify if you’ve done your EMuster drill. This should be done altogether when you’re checking in to your RCI app, so make sure you don’t miss it. After that, you’re free to explore the ship and make the most of your time on board!
It’s probably going to be around lunchtime when you get on board, so head over to your designated dining room to grab some food!
PS: The Windjammer Marketplace international buffet is also open on boarding day!
Don’t limit yourself to just the main dining room. There are so many different restaurants on board, each offering a unique culinary experience.
- Sichuan Red & Izumi Sushi
- Jamie’s Italian
- Chops Grille
- The Hotpot
- Teppanyaki (One of the Most Popular Restaurants on board)
While specialty restaurants require pre-booking and may come with extra charges, there are also plenty of complimentary restaurants that you must try.
- Seaplex Doghouse (Variety of Hotdogs)
- Windjammer Marketplace (International Buffet)
- Main Dining Room 3 & 4 or My Time Dining Room (3 Course Meals)
- Soft Serve
- Splashaway Cafe (Poolside Snacks)
- Sorrento’s Pizza (Pizza till 2AM)
- Room Service (Free Continental Breakfast, Charges may apply for others)
Apart from endlessly indulging in food, there’s also a wide range of activities to do onboard! Whether it’s rock climbing, surfing or watching a movie under the stars, there is something for everyone.
- Bumper Cars (One of the Most Popular Activities)
- Star Moment (Freestyle Karaoke)
- Shows (Two70 & Royal Theatre)
- Pool Outdoor Movie
- Rock Climbing
- Solarium (Adult-only Space that comes complete with a Stunning View, Refreshing pool, and Bar)
- Sports & Recreations (Basketball Hot Shots Competition, Open Play Soft Archery, Soccer Cross Bar Tournament & more)
- Events (Singles & Solo Travellers Get-Together, Men’s International Belly Flop Competition & more)
- Ripcord® by iFLY® (Flying Simulator)
- Flowrider® (Chargeable for Private Sessions (Queue for the Complimentary Session))
- North Star® (Overlook the Sea 300 Feet Above Sea Level)
- Sky Pad® (Bungee Trampoline Experience)
All in all, If you’re interested in catching the exciting shows or joining the various activities available during your cruise, be sure to check in early in the Royal Caribbean App to see the schedule of activities and pre-plan your journey before getting on board.
When it comes to Wi-Fi packages on board, there are two options:
- VOOM Surf + Stream Voyage Package
- Voom Surf Voyage Package.
If you’re hesitant to purchase an internet pass, no worries. If you’re travelling Singapore – Penang – Phuket line with a Malaysian sim card, you might be able to get some phone signal and use your mobile data for a bit while sailing along the Melaka Straits. You can also purchase a one-day travel sim card when you disembark at Patong Beach, Phuket too.
Final Thoughts on Spectrum of the Seas
As you prepare for your upcoming trip on the magnificent Spectrum of the Seas, let the excitement and anticipation fill your heart. This magnificent ship is packed with endless opportunities for fun, relaxation, and exploration. With the help of this guide, you’ll be fully prepared to maximize your trip and make memories that will last a lifetime.
So have fun & Bon Voyage!